What is CSS?
CSS stands for Central Superior Service (CSS). CSS may be a permanent bureaucratic elite authority and government officials which is liable for the administration of civil bureaucratic operations and government secretaries and cabinet offices in Pakistan. The Prime Minister (PM) of Pakistan is that the ultimate authority on all matters concerning the government officials. This exam is conducted by the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) for the posts of BS-17.
When the CSS test is conducted?
Usually, this test is conducted in February per annum. The announcement of the date of the test is completed through advertisements.
Services for which the CSS test is conducted:
The following are the departments or services that the exam is taken to fill the vacancies.
Railways (Commercial and Transportation) Group
• Police Service of Pakistan
• Office Management Group
• Information Group
• District Management Group
• Commerce and Trade Services
• Postal Services Group
• Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service
• Military Lands and Cantonment Group
• Income Tax Group
• Foreign Services of Pakistan
• Customer and Excise Services
The eligibility criteria for this test are briefly described below:
The candidate must be a citizen of Pakistan or a permanent resident of the state of Jammu and Kashmir
The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 2nd division from a university that is recognized by HEC.
• A candidate with 3rd division in the Bachelor’s degree can apply for the exam if he/she has secured a higher division in the Master’s degree.
The age of the candidate should be 21 to 30 years.
For the government employees or the candidate belonging to the recognized tribes are relaxed for 2 years more that means such candidates can be of 32 years of age.
Test conduction cities for CSS exam
The CSS exam is conducted within the following cities:
• Abbott bad
• Dera Ismail Khan
• Dera Ghazi Khan
Interview conduction cities for CSS exam
The interview exam is conducted at the subsequent places:
Selection Process for CSS exams
Announcement of CSS Exam
• Compliance with the candidate’s eligibility criteria
• Submission of the applications by the candidates
• Written exam
• Medical test
• Psychology test
How to Apply
The date of the CSS exam is announced in September every year.
• Candidates are advised to submit their application fee in the bank and get the receipt.
• Then apply for the CSS exam by filling the online form available at the official website of FPSC.
• Download that online form and attach the required documents along with the bank receipt and post it to the headquarters of FPSC Islamabad.
Documents to be attached
Copies of educational documents
• Bank receipt of the deposited exam fee
• Experience certificate if needed for a specific post
• If applied of relaxation of age limit, then submission of relevant certificate by the concerned authorities
• The form to be filled is available on the official website of FPSC